Vetiver Vetiveria zizanioides
Vetiver essential oil, also called khus oil, is extracted from the vetiver plant, a clumpy, green grass native to India that can grow five feet high or more. Vetiver is in the same family as other grasses used for their essential oils, including lemongrass and citronella. Vetiver oil is quite fragrant, with a distinctive sharp and earthy scent you may recognize from men’s cologne. Vetiver essential oil is distilled from the vetiver plant’s roots, which are aged before being soaked in water. The highly concentrated oil that is released is then skimmed off the top of the water. It’s used in holistic practice for its soothing, grounding capabilities.
– Soothing anxiety, insomnia, fatigue, depression, and inability to concentrate or remember.
– To firm, tighten, and protect skin against the harsh effects of environmental stressors, thereby exhibiting anti-aging properties.
– Natural anti-oxidant that promotes relief from various types of inflammation.
– Enhance circulation, boosts the metabolism and digestion, eases muscular aches, and soothes joint pain.
Aromatherapy applications (Diffuse / Inhale)
– Encourage feelings of confidence, stillness, and tranquillity
– Relieving nervousness and restoring a sense of serenity, and it is reputed to effectively diminish feelings of anger, irritability, panic and restlessness.
– Balancing emotions to promote positive moods
– Enhance concentration
Topical Application / Massage (With regular diluted use)
– Natural anti-oxidant that promotes relief from various types of inflammation such as that of the joints or inflammation caused by sunstroke or dehydration.
– Enhance circulation and boost the metabolism as well as digestion.
– A deeply hydrating moisturizer that firms, tightens, and protects skin against the harsh effects of environmental stressors
– Reducing the appearance of wrinkles and exhibiting anti-aging properties
– Promotes the growth of new skin
– Use Vetiver oil as a massage oil..
– Take a warm bath with a few drops of Vetiver essential oil for deep relaxation.
Direction for Use
Diffusion: use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: dilute 3 drops in 10ml base oil and apply to desired area. Always dilute with base oil / carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Powdery, floral, light