Oregano Oreganum Vulgare
Oregano oil is one of the most potent and powerful essential oils and has been used for centuries in traditional practices. The primary chemical components of Oregano is carvacrol, a phenol that possesses antioxidant properties when ingested.
It has a very long use in traditional medicine for treating colds, indigestion and upset stomachs.
– Oregano essential oil used as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent
– Supports a healthy immune system, healthy digestion, and respiratory function.
– Offers powerful antioxidants when ingested
Aromatherapy applications (Diffuse / Inhale)
– Natural Alternative to Antibiotics
– Reduce symptoms of cold and cough
– Clear up a sinus infection
– Chest congestion and related respiratory illnesses.
Topical Application / Massage (With regular diluted use)
– Improve skin conditions such as psoriasis, acne, eczema, and fungal infections
– Anti-inflammatory properties can neutralize the pain, itchiness, and general discomforts of insect stings and bites.
– Muscle aches, joint pains, and rashes
– Apply on stomach to promote digestion.
– Dilute it with a carrier oil and apply it topically to the soles of your feet
– For toenail fungus, you can make a homemade antifungal powder that can be applied to your skin
– Add 5 to 7 drops to a homemade cleaning solution along with tea tree oil and lavender
Direction for Use
Diffusion: use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: dilute 3 drops in 10ml base oil and apply to desired area. Always dilute with base oil / carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Due to its high phenol content, caution should be taken when inhaling or diffusing Oregano essential oil; only one to two drops is needed, the problem with frequently using antibiotics can be dangerous because they don’t only kill bacteria that are responsible for infections, they also kill good bacteria that we need for optimal health.
Fresh, herbaceous, sweet and slightly medicinal..
Leaf & flower