Nut Meg Myristica fragrans
Nutmeg essential oil has also been heavily featured in traditional medicine and practices across various cultures for generations. In Ancient China, for example, it was thought to be an important remedy against liver and abdominal problems, and Indian Ayurvedic practitioners frequently used it to address symptoms of fever as well as alleviate pain, coughing, flatulence, and menstrual problems. In addition, Ancient Egyptians saw Nutmeg essential oil as a precious preservative component forming part of the embalming and mummification process.
– Promote sleep, calm the senses, and induce a sense of relaxation & enhance meditation
– Strengthen concentration and levels of alertness
Aromatherapy applications (Diffuse / Inhale)
– To create an uplifting, soothing, and relaxing ambience,
– Better, deeper sleep, attain inner peace
– Stop nausea & vomiting
– Children with attention deficit disorder
– Help with memory & learning
– Ease nose congestion
– Give the physical and emotional energy
– Enhance sexuality,
Topical Application / Massage (With regular diluted use)
– Relief pain including Rheumatic & Arthritic conditions
– Smooth digestion, prevent build-up of gas
– Ease the pain of gout
– Against cancer, especially of the thyroid gland
– Countering affliction before and post childbirth
– Diffuse few drops of nutmeg oil in children study room for concentration
– Add one to two drops in your daily skin care to help clarify, brighten, and soothe the skin
– Dilute with base oil for topical massage to ease muscle & joint problem
Direction for Use
Diffusion : use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use : dilute 3 drops in 10ml base oil and apply to desired area. Always dilute with base oil / carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. If used in large amounts, Nutmeg Essential Oil can cause toxic symptoms such as nausea and tachycardia. Contact with eyes should be avoided. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Spicy, and woody with a slightly musky note.