Neroli Citrus Aurantium
The interesting thing about the bitter orange tree (Citrus aurantium) is that it actually produces three distinctly different essential oils. The peel of the nearly ripe fruit yields bitter orange oil while the leaves are the source of petitgrain essential oil. Last but certainly not least, neroli essential oil is steam-distilled from the small, white, waxy flowers of the tree.
Timing is crucial when it comes to creating neroli essential oil since the flowers quickly lose their oil after they’re plucked from the tree. To keep the quality and quantity of neroli essential oil at their highest, the orange blossom must be handpicked without being excessively handled or bruised.
– Creates an uplifting atmosphere
– May help reduce feelings of anxiousness
– Soothes skin
– Encourages relaxation
Aromatherapy applications (Diffuse / Inhale)
– Helping to ease feelings of depression and sadness, combating grief, supporting peace and encouraging happiness
– Decreases blood pressure
– Reduces stress.
Topical Application / Massage (With regular diluted use)
– Improve symptoms of menopause,
– Regenerate skin cells
– Improve elasticity of skin
– Maintain the right oil balance in the skin
– Beneficial for wrinkles, scars and stretch marks,
– Diffuse neroli essential oil in your home or office to clear your mind, reduce stress and creates an uplifting atmosphere
– Mix a drop or two of neroli essential oil with an application of an unscented face cream or oil (like jojoba or argan), and apply as normal.
– Childbirth is certainly far from easy, but the essential oil of neroli can be used to help with fear and anxiety during labour. Diffuse it in the air, or include it in a massage oil for the lower back.
Direction for Use
Diffusion: use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: dilute 3 drops in 10ml base oil and apply to desired area. Always dilute with base oil / carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Floral, citrusy, sweet and exotic.