Melissa Melissa Officianalis
Melissa Essential Oil is steam distilled from the leaves and flowers of Melissa officinalis, an herb most commonly referred to as Lemon Balm and sometimes as Bee Balm. Lemon Balm is easy to find and grow. Although the leaves of Lemon Balm are quite aromatic, the leaves and flowers do not yield much essential oil. Therefore, the oil is often adulterated, and true Melissa Essential Oil commands a very high price.
Aromatically, Melissa Essential Oil possesses a wonderfully fresh, lemony, green and slightly herbaceous character. It’s a delightful aroma that many find pleasant.
Melissa has long been used to help calm feelings of tension and nervousness, when ingested. Diffusing Melissa oil at night can help initiate a restful sleep environment. Melissa oil may also help support a healthy immune system
– Support a healthy immune system
– Help emotional calm tension and nerves
– Encourages a relaxing atmosphere
Aromatherapy applications (Diffuse / Inhale)
– Eliminate negative moods
– Ability to help soothe anxiety, depression, hypertension & migraines
– Diffusing Melissa oil at night can help initiate a restful sleep environment
Topical Application / Massage (With regular diluted use)
– Boosts the immune system
– Melissa is often the herb of choice for treating cold sores
– Relieves PMS and menstrual symptoms
– Helpful for acne and oily skin
– Naturally treating eczema, acne and minor wounds, as it has antibacterial and antifungal properties
– Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest.
– Diffuse Melissa essential oil to create a relaxing environment.
– Add to moisturizer or a spray bottle with water and spritz on face to rejuvenate skin.
Direction for Use
Diffusion: use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: dilute 3 drops in 10ml base oil and apply to desired area. Always dilute with base oil / carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Fresh, herbaceous, sweet and slightly medicinal.
Leaf & flower