Marjoram Origanum Marjorana (Sweet marjoram, Knotted marjoram, Pot marjoram)
Marjoram essential oil is extracted by steam distillation of both fresh and dried leaves of the marjoram plant (Origanum majorana). Oregano is closed cousin to Marjoram. Oregano is a common marjoram substitute and vice versa because of their likeness, but marjoram has a finer texture and a milder flavour profile. What we call oregano also goes by “wild marjoram,” and what we call marjoram is commonly called “sweet marjoram.” So wild marjoram is actually oregano.
– Soothing, calming & relaxing effect
– May promote a healthy cardiovascular system.
Aromatherapy applications (Diffuse / Inhale)
– An anaphrodisiac and helps suppress or control sexual desires
– Improves cognitive function
– Calming, relaxing, and sedative effect on both the mind and body
Topical Application / Massage (With regular diluted use)
– Instant relief to all muscle and joint conditions
– Digestive problems – nausea, flatulence, stomach cramps, diarrhea or constipation
– Restore hormonal balance and regulate the menstrual cycle
– High blood pressure symptoms – help widen and relax the blood vessels
– Pain Relief – muscle tightness or muscle spasms and tension headaches
– Gastric ulcer prevention
– Promotes Sweating – removal of toxins, sodium, salts, and excess water from the body
– Control’s diabetes
– Diluted marjoram oil can be topically applied to relieve the tension from the neck
– Use the oil in a diffuser to get a great night’s sleep.
– Diffuse the oil to get relief from respiratory problems; it has a soothing effect on the nervous system.
– A combination of peppermint, lavender, and marjoram oil can be topically applied to the sore joint for instant relief.
– Diluted marjoram oil can be applied to soothe sore muscles, especially after exercising.
Direction for Use
Diffusion: use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: dilute 3 drops in 10ml base oil and apply to desired area. Always dilute with base oil / carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: It is POSSIBLY UNSAFE to use marjoram in medicinal amounts if you are pregnant. It might start your period, and that could threaten the pregnancy.
Warm, herbaceous, woody