Clary Sage Salvia Sclarea
Clary sage gets its name from the Latin word “clarus,” which means “clear.” It’s a perennial herb that grows from May to September, and it’s native to the northern Mediterranean, along with some areas in North Africa and Central Asia.
The plant reaches 4–5 feet in height, and it has thick square stems that are covered in hairs. The colorful flowers, ranging from lilac to mauve, bloom in bunches.
– One of the top essential oils for hormones, especially in women.
– Promotes healthy-looking hair and scalp
– Promotes a restful night’s sleep.
– Calming and soothing to the skin
Aromatherapy applications (Diffuse / Inhale)
– Ease stress, nervous tension, and negative moods that are often caused by hormonal imbalances
Topical Application / Massage (With regular diluted use)
– Relieves menstrual discomfort, reducing the chances of uterine and ovarian cancer.
– Relieves insomnia – causes of insomnia are stress and hormonal changes, aids digestion
– Reduce the discomforts of muscle stiffness, headaches, and back pain
– Promotes Skin Health. Astringent, Deodorant, Anti-inflammatory.
– Stimulate hair growth and regulate the scalp’s production of oil and sebum while eliminating dandruff
– For stress relief and aromatherapy, diffuse or inhale 3–4 drops of clary sage essential oil.
– To improve mood and joint pain, add 3–5 drops of clary sage oil to warm bath water.
– For cramp and pain relief, create a massage oil by diluting 5 drops of clary sage oil with 5 drops of a base oil (like jojoba or coconut oil) and apply it to needed areas.
– For skin care, create a mix of clary sage oil and a base oil (like coconut or jojoba) at a 1:1 ratio. Apply the mixture directly to your face, neck and body.
– For hair health, massage equal parts clary sage oil and rosemary oil into your scalp while showering or mixed into your hair shampoo.
Direction for Use
Diffusion: use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: dilute 3 drops in 10ml base oil and apply to desired area. Always dilute with base oil / carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Floral, sweet, herbaceous
Flower / leaf