Citronella Cymbopogon Nardus
Exuding a rich, fresh, uplifting scent similar to that of lemon, this fragrant grass has earned the name Citronella from the French word meaning “lemon balm.” Citronella is commonly mistaken for Lemongrass, as they share a similar appearance, growth, and processing method; however, the two plants are considered to be “cousins,” as they simply belong to the same plant family – the Cymbopogon family, which is commonly referred to simply as Lemongrass. The easiest way to tell them apart is to remember that Lemongrass has off-white pseudostems while those of the Citronella plant are reddish in color.
– Natural pest repellent
– Cleans surfaces
– Emotionally uplifting and stress reducing
– Skin and scalp soother and booster
Aromatherapy applications (Diffuse / Inhale)
– Natural Insect / mosquito repellent
– Benefits for body detoxification
– Benefits against wounds and infections
– Benefits for the digestive system
– Prevent the growth and spread of harmful airborne bacteria in the air
– Eases and uplifts negative sentiments such as sadness, anxiety, and stress by relaxing the body and mind.
Topical Application / Massage (With regular diluted use)
– Antiseptic and anti-fungal properties eliminate and prevent the growth of fungus on wounds
– Soothes and prevents infections, such as those of the ear, nose, and throat.
– Stimulating and improving circulation, this sedative oil reduces swelling, tenderness, and pain
For Body / Face
– Deodorize and refresh body odors by inhibiting the growth of odor-causing bacteria.
– Ability to boost skin’s absorption of moisture.
– Promoting and maintaining a rejuvenated complexion for all skin types.
– Facilitate the healing of skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and dermatitis.
– o cleanse the scalp and hair of oil, dead skin, dirt, dandruff, product residue, and a build-up of environmental pollutants
– Diffuse Citronella oil to ward off insects, especially mosquitoes.
– Apply Citronella essential oil to skin with Fractionated Jjoba Oil for use as a topical insect repellent.
– Add three to four Citronella oil drops in water to clean surfaces.
– Diffuse Citronella oil to promote a cheery, optimistic environment.
– Use Citronella oil in shampoo and conditioner to boost cleansing while adding shine.
Direction for Use
Diffusion: use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: dilute 3 drops in 10ml base oil and apply to desired area. Always dilute with base oil / carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Slightly sweet, floral, rosy, rosy, lemon-like